Full Spectrum Sunlighten mPulse Infrared Sauna
This Intelligent Infrared Sauna enhances your well-being in a unique way. It uses information-based plans that combine different types of infrared and red light therapies. Unlike any other heater, our patented 3 in 1® delivers the perfect wavelength of each infrared wave, like dialing in a specific radio station. You get precise far, mid and near infrared and red light wavelengths for optimal results.
Health Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
These innovative saunas utilise the power of infrared waves to penetrate deep into your body, providing a host of health advantages that contribute to detoxification. Here are some benefits of the Infrared Sauna:
Sweating is a fundamental mechanism that allows the body to rid itself of harmful toxins. Infrared saunas take this process to the next level. The deep penetration of infrared heat helps increase blood flow and perspiration, facilitating the elimination of toxic heavy metals, drug residues, and hormone disruptors. Through regular use of infrared saunas, you can effectively support your body’s natural detoxification pathways.
If you’re looking to shed those extra pounds, infrared saunas can lend a helping hand. The increase in core body heat during an infrared sauna session boosts your metabolism, similar to the effects of exercise. Additionally, the elimination of toxins responsible for fat storage further aids in weight management. While infrared saunas alone won’t replace a healthy diet and regular physical activity, they can be a valuable complement to your weight loss journey.
Taking care of your heart is essential for overall well-being. The Infrared therapy acts as a form of exercise for your heart, temporarily reducing blood pressure, and improving circulation. By incorporating infrared sauna sessions into your routine, you may contribute to better heart health and lower the risk of certain cardiovascular issues.
Rejuvenating your skin and embracing a more youthful appearance is another benefit of infrared sauna usage. The far infrared waves deeply penetrate the skin, increasing circulation and promoting detoxification at the cellular level. As a result, your skin’s texture and appearance can improve, and the cleansing effect can help in reducing the signs of aging, leaving you with a radiant and revitalized complexion.
Supporting your immune system is crucial, especially during times of increased susceptibility to illnesses. Infrared saunas can aid in enhancing the function of your immune system by raising your body’s internal temperature, much like a fever. By doing so, regular sauna use may help reduce the frequency of cold and flu episodes and potentially speed up recovery from illnesses.
Whether you’re an athlete or someone who leads an active lifestyle, muscle recovery is vital for performance and well-being. Infrared saunas can play a significant role in this aspect as well. The deep heat from infrared waves increases oxygen delivery to cells, facilitating faster muscle repair and providing relief from soreness and discomfort after intense workouts or injuries.
FAQ's for Infrared Sauna
What is Infrared sauna?
Unlike traditional saunas that require heated rocks to increase the temperature of the air (leading to superficial heating), infrared saunas, use invisible infrared wavelengths of light, much like sunlight (without the harmful UV rays), to slowly heat the body on a cellular level by penetrating deeper.
Why should I use the infrared sauna at The Wellness Edge?
Infrared technology has been scientifically proven to be beneficial to the human body. Infrared waves are easily absorbed into the body, penetrating deep within the tissues, muscles and cells and in turn, help to stimulate the lymphatic, immune and cardiovascular systems, which ultimately contribute to the whole body returning to homeostasis/harmony.
But what differentiates the types of saunas available? Heater emissivity. Heater emissivity, in essence, equals high quality and quantity of infrared light, because it measures how efficiently the infrared heat is being conducted. Therapeutic benefits of the infrared technology are not determined by excessive heat. It is the heater emissivity.
At The Wellness Edge, we offer the Sunlighten mPulse 3-in-1 full spectrum Eucalyptus saunas. This is the only sauna on the market that provides all three infrared light wavelengths (far, mid and near) with amazing precision (95-99% emissive).
What are the benefits of each Infrared wavelength?
- Far infrared (FIR) only saunas are the most common sauna on the market. FIR is the longest wavelength, which enables it to reach deep within the body, where toxins are stored. FIR gently raises your core body temperature, which in turn assists to stimulate sweat glands to help support detoxification, increased blood circulation and reduce blood pressure.
- Mid infrared (MIR) is also a longer wavelength that enables it to reach deep within, to a level within our soft tissues where inflammation can occur, due to strain, tension or injury. MIR is especially effective in expanding the blood vessels, which results in an increase in circulation. This enables more oxygen to reach the areas affected by inflammation and helps reduce pain and speed up the body’s natural healing process. MIR helps to support pain management, muscle recovery and weight loss (including passive cardiovascular workout).
- Near infrared (NIR) is the shortest wavelength. It is the most effective in penetrating the skin’s surface. The Sunlighten sauna is the ONLY sauna on the market that uses NASA patented technology to provide NIR at the most optimal wavelength. This helps with cell rejuvenation, skin renewal and wound healing.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes, you can. Our sauna is a 2 person sauna and is large enough to fit two people easily. It's just an extra $25 per session, to bring a friend.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes. We have a strict NO cancellation policy. You can, however, reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours prior. If you do miss an appointment or reschedule an appointment within 24 hours, you will be charged for the session regardless. However, we understand ‘life happens’, so if you can't make your session due to unexpected special circumstances, please talk to staff member so we can see if there is anything we can do prior to your scheduled appointment.
Is the sauna cabin private?
Yes, your privacy is a priority. The sauna cabin has black-out curtains to maintain your privacy during the session. We provide 5 minutes, before and after, your 30 minute sauna session for getting undressed and dressed. Each room is fitted with a bench for you to place your personal belongings.
What should I wear during my session?
Please wear whatever you feel comfortable in, most prefer to just wear their undies or swimmers but please sit on the towel provided for hygiene reasons. It is recommended you wear loose clothing to and from the appointment to give time for your body’s core temperature to return to normal. Please also use a towel on your back, especially if you are leaning on the back panels for hygiene reasons, for the next sauna client.
What should I bring to my session?
Please bring your own towel to sit on and use to lean on (we DO NOT supply towels) a water bottle and you may wish to bring a change of clothing. A gentle reminder it is important to hydrate before and after your sessions.
What do I do in my session?
Whatever you feel is right for you. Meditate, read, listen to a podcast or your playlist, watch Netflix…or simply be. Each sauna cabin comes with a built in Android tablet so you can customise your sauna experience, with additional therapeutic benefit of chromotherapy (coloured LED lighting) located in the ceiling of your sauna.
How are the saunas cleaned?
The sauna is cleaned after each session and the infrared lighting of the sauna and its temperatures make them natural disinfectants.
How often should I use the infrared sauna?
It comes down to personal preference. But with any practice, consistency is key. We suggest at least once a week to start and increase it depending on your particular goal and to build on it as needed, especially if targeting a particular goal such as detoxification.
Do you have shower facilities?
No, we don't provide showers.
What is the research behind Infrared Sauna?
Discover the detailed research behind Infrared Sauna and its benefits in this post
What is Chromotherapy?
Chromotherapy is an alternative method of therapy using colour and light to assist your body return to homeostasis. The therapy uses the ‘qi’ (life force or frequency) of different coloured lights to positively impact one's health and harmony.
It is believed that not just colours possess frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration corresponds to a different mood, emotion or physical symptom.
PRECAUTIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
Who should be careful when using an infrared sauna (pre-cautionary / contraindications)?
If you fit into any of the below pre-cautionary / contraindications or have a chronic health condition, you must consult with your doctor prior to using a sauna, especially if you are unsure about its potential interactions with medications etc
- Children under the age of 18 and adults above the age of 55;
- Those with cardiovascular conditions or problems such as hypo/hypertension, congestive heart failure, impaired coronary circulation or taking blood pressure medication;
- Those with a pacemaker or defibrillator;
- Those with metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants including silicone implants or prostheses;
- Individuals prone to bleeding (i.e. Haemophiliacs), especially if you are taking Warfarin or any blood thinning medication;
- Using prescription medication (especially diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers) and even over-the-counter medications such as antihistamines;
- Individuals with chronic conditions/diseases associated with a reduced ability to sweat or perspire (i.e. Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System and Diabetes with Neuropathy);
- Individuals who are intoxicated or who abuse alcohol/drugs/medication;
- Those with a recent joint injury or enclosed infection, especially if chronically hot and/or swollen;
- Those with a fever;
- Individuals who are insensitive to heat; and
- Pregnant women.
Please consult your physician prior to use of Infrared Sauna and seek medical advice about potential interactions and other possible complications when using Infrared Sauna, especially if you fit into any of the pre-cautionary or contraindicated categories as noted above or if you are just unsure.